Give Your Spouse A Hot Stone Massage
If you feel like you’ve run out of gift ideas and want to be generous, giving your spouse something memorable like a hot stone massage may be the right answer.
This form of massage, which is a variation of the classic Swedish massage is one of the most pleasurable experiences you can ever give your spouse. You can easily get a gift cheque at the nearby spa or holistic center.
But of course, if you want to make it even more special, why not try to do it yourself? Your partner will surely appreciate the thought and effort you put into this particular gift.
Here are some tips on how to give your spouse a soothing hot stone massage:
1. First, you want to create the perfect relaxing environment. This means that you have to set up a quiet room in your house that is off-limits to the kids. Create the perfect ambience with soft music, relaxing nature sounds, scented candles and dimmed lights.
2. Prepare the massage area next. You can make use of a table, which you will just have to put on a padded cushion to make it comfortable or you can also use the bed. Make sure you have pillow and rolled towels nearby for your spouse.
3. Prepare and heat the stones before your spouse arrives. Make sure the stones are not hot by touching them first.
4. Once your loved one arrives, have him or her take a warm shower or soak into a relaxing bath to help loosen up tensed muscles.
5. Have your spouse lie face down the massage area and begin laying the stones on key points of the body. First, put the stones on the spine area and work to apply massage strokes on the back. Next, place the stones on the back of the arms and inside the palm of the hand and then massage the neck, shoulders down to the arm. Work your way down towards the thigh. Put the stones at the back of the thigh and apply pressure in this part of the body. Take your time to give your partner some loving massage strokes on their body. You can apply pressure with the use of the stones.
6. Ask your spouse to turn around and repeat the whole process again.
7. After the session, let your partner take a relaxing nap to cool down. If your partner would like to talk, lie down and talk about the wonderful experience you both just had.
A hot stone therapy is indeed one of the best gifts you can ever give your loved one. With the pleasurable experience come the positive effects of the massage for the mind and body, which makes it an even more special gift.
“Mary Singleton regularly writes for AML Stone Source, the leading hot stone massage supplies provider. They carry such products as basalt stones for hot stone massage, as well as many other many other oYtl accessories for hot stone therapy.
See a Hot Stone Massage